Mobile Device Investigations
July 24 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Mobile devices are a huge part of our everyday lives. We use them to communicate, to navigate, to shop, to entertain, to document through image and video, and much, much more. All of these can result in data about us and our activities being stored, on the device, with the cellular provider and even on the cloud. Together, this data can be a powerful tool for our investigations. Specifically, in this webinar we will discuss the following points:
- The Device
- What types of data is stored on the device?
- What tools will allow us to extract and analyze this data
- The Provider
- Who are the major providers in the US?
- What data do they store about our calls?
- What can we do with this data?
- The Cloud
- What is a cloud, and what types of applications can store data in clouds?
- How can we retrieve this data?
Attendees will receive specific focused warrant language for different cellular and cloud providers.
During the webinar, instruction will be given on how to download a copy of the instructor’s PowerPoint as well as additional resource materials pertaining to the topic.