With the widespread availability of open wifi networks, it is increasingly likely that our bad guys may be committing their on-line crimes from locations other than their own homes. In these situations, the IP address of their activities will resolve to the location of the wifi network, and may even cast suspicion on an innocent party.
Additionally, when we are executing a search warrant on a scene, we need to make sure that we have accounted for every computer, mobile devices, network attached storage devices, and anything else that may be attached to the network. This makes it vitally important that we are able to explore the inner workings of wifi routers, and understand what information may be available, where it may be located, and understand it volatility.
– Networking basics, public and private IP addresses, and MAC addresses
– What functions do routers perform, and how might they be important to our investigations?
– How do we access the router? Are we changing data?
– What types of equipment and software do we need to perform a router interrogation?
– What kinds of information may a router hold, and how can we document that information?
Please Note: Following purchase, you will receive an email with a link to the materials for this webinar. This link will be valid for 5 days, and will allow you to download all the materials. These will include a high quality version recording of the webinar (along with a player for that video format), a lower quality version of the webinar that can be viewed on nearly any device, a PDF version of the instructor’s presentation and note taking pages, and any other materials supplied by the instructor during the webinar.
The download of this webinar also includes a certificate of attendance for one viewer. Instructions on how to access the quiz for this webinar and download a certificate will be included in the webinar recording.